- Clinical Information
- Fatty Acid Profile
Fatty Acid Profile
Smoflipid® has a 2.5:1 ω-6:ω-3 fatty acid ratio11
- The ω-6:ω-3 fatty acid ratio in Smoflipid® has not been shown to improve clinical outcomes compared to other intravenous lipid emulsions.
- The fatty acid ratio in Smoflipid® is in line with expert recommendations.12-15
Smoflipid® has a lower amount of ω-6 fatty acids compared to 100% soybean oil emulsions11,16,17
Smoflipid® meets the essential fatty acid requirements of adults11
- Smoflipid [prescribing information].
- Grimble RH. Fatty acid profile of modern lipid emulsions: scientific consideration for creating the ideal composition. Clin Nutr Suppl. 2005;1(3):9-15.
- Waitzberg DL, et al. New parenteral lipid emulsions for clinical use. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2006;30(4):351-367.
- Mayer K, et al. Fish oil in the critically ill: from experimental to clinical data. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2006;9(2):140-148.
- Grimm H, et al. Immunonutrition-supplementary amino acids and fatty acids ameliorate immune deficiency in critically ill patients. Arch Surg. 2001;386(5):369-376.
- Intralipid [prescribing information].
- Nutrilipid [prescribing information].